Restorative dentistry focuses on replacing missing teeth and improving the overall function of the smile. This type of dentistry can also be used to improve the appearance of the smile, correcting several cosmetic issues in addition to those impacting the strength and purpose of your teeth.
Common Restorative Dentistry Options
Some of the most popular restorative dentistry options include:
- Dentures to replace several missing teeth in a row
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth individually
- Porcelain veneers to cover teeth that have become damaged or unsightly
- Porcelain crowns to protect teeth weakened through trauma or decay
- Dental bonding to strengthen and improve the appearance of teeth
- Enamel contouring to improve the projection of the teeth
- Gum sculpting to enhance the area immediately surrounding the teeth
If you are unhappy with your smile or if you have struggled with functional issues due to trauma or decay, restorative dentistry may be the best fit for your needs. Use the form on this page or call us today to schedule a consultation and learn more.
Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or to replace several. They can also be used to secure dentures or a dental bridge in cases where multiple teeth need to be replaced.
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that offers a permanent solution. Once an implant is accepted by the jaw, it will not come loose or fall out so long as the teeth are properly cared for. Advanced gum disease and some types of facial trauma can impact dental implants. Taking care of your teeth and gums – including the use of a mouthguard when needed – can help prevent those issues.
Contact Us to Learn More
Contact New York Smile Design by using the form on this page or by calling 212-452-3344 to schedule a consultation today.