Invisalign® & Invisalign Teen® for NYC & Manhattan
NYC Cosmetic Dentists Serving Manhattan and New York, NY
The Invisalign® system offers one of the most advanced, precise and convenient options for adult and teen orthodontic treatment today, with clear aesthetic and health advantages over conventional metal braces. Invisalign® can give you great results, often with fewer dental appointments and less overall treatment time, at about the same cost as traditional braces.
Invisalign® is suitable for the treatment of mild bite issues such as teeth that are slightly crooked as well as more pronounced malocclusion including:
- Open Bite
More comfortable and less intrusive than traditional braces, Invisalign® is also a great solution for teeth that are gapped or crowded.
If you live in or around Manhattan, New York and are interested in learning if Invisalign® is the right solution for you, call NYC Smile Design at 212-452-3344 to schedule a consultation today. Dr. Mello offers Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® to patients living in New York City and all surrounding communities.
- Invisalign® Treatment Planning
- The Invisalign® Process
- Benefits offered by Invisalign®
- Invisalign Teen®
- Invisalign® Payment Options
- Contact NYC Smile Design for a Consultation
What Is Invisalign®?
The Invisalign® system corrects bite issues and malocclusion with a series of aligners made of a clear, thin, medical-grade polymer. Because the aligners are clear, they are virtually invisible when worn, enabling adults and teens to wear aligners throughout the day without the aesthetic discomforts that can accompany bulkier and more noticeable orthodontics.
Each set of aligners will move your teeth closer to their ideal position over the course of treatment, with new sets being provided every eight to ten weeks. By gradually moving the teeth without brackets or wires, Invisalign® tends to be a more comfortable and less painful way to move teeth than traditional braces. The treatment is also much faster, averaging 12 to 18 months for adults as opposed to 36 or more for wire and bracket alternatives.
Invisalign® has been proven effective in both clinical research and on thousands of patients in private practices worldwide. More than 6 million patients, including 1.4 million teens, have received Invisalign® treatment since it was first introduced in 1997.
Invisalign® treatment is already faster than other orthodontic options, but at NYC Smile Design, we also offer AcceleDent®, a device designed to further decrease orthodontic treatment time. Used for only 20-minutes a day, AcceleDent® provides carefully calibrated micro pulses to accelerate tooth movement and shorten the duration of treatment.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Elisa Mello, we can help you determine if AcceleDent® would be a good option for you.
Invisalign® treatment is mapped and planned entirely with the use of advanced 3D computer technology. Combining proven orthodontic science with 3D computer graphics to project teeth movement allows for the most precise calibration of each set of your aligners, enabling them to move teeth into the appropriate position for the next set of aligners.
Using computer technology to plan treatment ensures each set of aligners is ideally suited for the next stage of treatment. It also helps you gain a better understanding of what your treatment will look like from beginning to end.
Aligners will need to be worn at all times – unless you are brushing your teeth or eating – to work as planned. Fortunately, Invisalign® aligners are both non-irritating and unobtrusive, allowing for optimal comfort while they are worn both day and night.
Outside of your initial planning appointment, which may take a few hours, most Invisalign® appointments take approximately 15 to 30 minutes. They may be spaced only a few weeks apart or at intervals of eight to ten weeks, depending on the level of adjustment needed. Dr. Mellow will determine how frequently you will need to visit our office and help you plan accordingly during each of your appointments.
The Invisalign® Advantage
There are a number of advantages offered by Invisalign® when compared to other forms of orthodontic treatment. Some of the most compelling are:
- Invisalign® gives you great results with less overall treatment time. With conventional braces, teeth are wired together, which can lead to inadvertent movement of adjoining teeth that must be corrected later in your treatment plan. Invisalign® aligners are carefully calibrated to move only the teeth you want to move. This precise, targeted correction means a more efficient movement of each tooth, which can result in less overall treatment time.
- No wire tightening means fewer dental appointments. The wires on conventional braces usually need to be tightened every four weeks, but since the Invisalign® treatment plan is mapped out from the start, we can give you several aligners at each appointment. That means, for many patients, appointments need to be made only every eight to ten weeks, helping to save you time without compromising results.
- It’s easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Invisalign® aligners are removed to eat, floss, and brush. There are no wires to trap food and plaque, and no obstacles that make brushing and flossing difficult. Aligners are also removed for professional dental treatments, helping to keep your teeth both healthier and whiter, and removing the risk of stubborn discoloration or decay forming underneath brackets.
- Invisalign® makes it easier to keep your body healthy, too. Removing aligners before you eat allows you to maintain a healthier diet. Nuts, seeds, and crunchy fruits and vegetables have to be avoided with braces. These staples of a healthy diet do not need to be avoided during NYC Invisalign treatment. This makes the treatment suitable even for people on raw, vegan, or vegetarian diets.
- Treatment is unobtrusive. Unlike conventional braces, most people won’t know you’re using Invisalign® unless you tell them. What’s more, issues like soft tissue irritation from metal rubbing against cheeks or cut lips from archwire are eliminated with Invisalign® treatment. This means even people involved in contact sports and more demanding activities can wear Invisalign® without fear of damaging the mouth.
To learn more about the advantages offered by Invisalign®, use the contact form on this page to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mello today!
Invisalign Teen® combines all of the advantages of the Invisalign® system with special features designed to fit the active lifestyle and unique treatment needs of today’s teens. Features of this alternative to braces include:
- Room for growth. Invisalign Teen® has eruption tabs that adjust to your teen’s changing mouth, enabling treatment to be started even when there is a mixture of adult and baby teeth.
- Peace of mind. There is no need to worry about whether your teen is wearing the aligners often enough. Invisalign Teen® is designed with a Blue Dot Wear Indicator that fades to clear over a two-week period.
- Flexibility. While it’s important for your teen to wear aligners as often as possible, aligners can be removed for those important special occasions like school pictures, prom, and graduation.
- Sports safety. With Invisalign Teen®, there is less risk for the painful sports impact injuries that can occur when teens get hit in a mouth while participating in soccer, basketball, football, or similar activities. What’s more, custom mouthguards fit better over Invisalign aligners than over traditional braces.
- Something to smile about. According to recent surveys, more than half of today’s teens feel self-conscious about wearing conventional metal braces. Since Invisalign Teen® is virtually invisible, your teen can smile with confidence.
Invisalign Teen Features
- No more feeling self-conscious about having a mouth full of metal
- No more painful monthly appointments to tighten wires
- No more irritation and soreness from pointy wires and brackets
- No more sticky wax to prevent cuts in your mouth
- No more retouching photographs to eliminate metal braces
- No restrictions on the foods that can be eaten
- No more emergency dental visits to fix broken wires and bracket
Call NYC Smile Design today to learn if this option is right for your teen.
Invisalign® Payment Options
Invisalign® fees are comparable to traditional braces, and orthodontic insurance usually covers Invisalign® to the same extent as traditional orthodontics. If you do not have orthodontic insurance, we also accept all major credit cards along with cash/check payments.
If none of the above options are ideal for your family, NYC Smile Design is pleased to work with CareCredit®, a healthcare financing option with payment plans including 0% APR or low, fixed monthly payments. More information about CareCredit®, available payment plans, and application for this service can be found on the CareCredit® website or through literature provided by our office.
Contact Us Today
Invisalign® offers one of the most advanced, precise and convenient options for adult and teen orthodontic treatment, with clear dental health and aesthetic advantages over conventional metal braces. If you are ready to schedule a consultation to learn if this treatment is right for you or your teenager, please call 212-452-3344 today. Dr. Mello welcomes patients living in and around Manhattan, as well as throughout New York City, New Jersey, and Connecticut.