Acting in New York City? You Need a Smile MakeoverAugust 15, 2018
Can the appearance of your smile impact your ability to land an acting gig in NYC? Absolutely yes. Can anything be done to perfect smiles that may not meet the aesthetic standards of New York’s theater goers? Of course, several things can be done. Your transformation starts with a call to NYC Smile Design for a consultation with Dr. Mello or Dr. Tabib.
It doesn’t take much sleuthing to determine that a majority of the actors and actresses on and off of Broadway have stunning smiles. This doesn’t mean that everyone on Broadway has undergone cosmetic dentistry. However, if your smile is marred by obvious imperfections, you may want to, particularly if your goal is landing major roles.
As one of the first things people notice when they meet you, your smile is among your most important attributes. According to a study conducted by the ADA, 28% of young adults (aged 18-34) believe that the appearance of their smiles affects their ability to interview for a job. That same study found that:
- 25% of adults avoid smiling due to issues with their teeth
- 23% of adults feel embarrassed about their teeth
- 20% of adults experience anxiety due to the condition of their teeth
In the theater business, anxiety, embarrassment, and discomfort are all barriers to success. If you are experiencing any of these things, our Manhattan cosmetic dentists are here to help. Give us a call at 212-452-3344 to schedule an appointment and learn more.
We Can Perfect Your Smile
Our cosmetic dentists offer a comprehensive range of treatments that can be used, alone or in custom combinations, to address every imperfection in your mouth. Some of our most popular cosmetic services include:
- Tooth whitening – simple and effective, our tooth whitening services can lighten teeth several shades over the course of just one office visit
- Porcelain veneers – ideal for addressing several cosmetic imperfections, veneers can completely transform a smile over the course of three to four weeks
- Enamel contouring – for teeth that are asymmetrical, overlapped, or cracked, an in-office tooth reshaping treatment may be the fastest fix
- Gum lift – from a BOTOX® Cosmetic gum lift to pinhole gum rejuvenation, we offer several services that can address receding gums, exposed tooth roots, and elongated tooth appearance
- Wire-free orthodontics – options including NYC favorites Invisalign and ClearCorrect™ can straighten your teeth in a fraction of the time required by wire-and-bracket braces
In some cases, a combination of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry services may be needed to completely perfect a smile. These combinations, known as a smile makeover, are particularly useful in cases where multiple cosmetic and functional issues are present. We can discuss this option during your consultation if combining procedures will serve you best.
No matter if you are trying to make your break on Broadway or if your acting goals are less ambitious, your smile can have a direct impact on your prospects. We are here to provide you with the personalized services you need to ensure that impact is positive. Call us at 212-452-3344 to schedule your initial consultation and learn more.
NYC Smile Design is located in Manhattan. We provide personalized dental services for men and women living in all surrounding areas of New York City.