How Long Should Porcelain Veneers Last?April 14, 2021
When cared for properly, porcelain veneers should last for ten years or more.
What does proper care of porcelain veneers look like? Probably a lot like what you’re already doing for your natural teeth, with just a few exceptions.
To care for porcelain veneers, do:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and nonabrasive toothpaste (i.e. NO baking soda) to brush your teeth after every meal and snack. Wait 30 minutes before brushing if what you’ve just consumed was acidic.
- Floss in between each tooth, both those with and without veneers, from the root to the crown at least once daily. For optimal oral health, consider flossing before you brush your teeth for the first time each day and before you go to bed.
- Visit your dentist every six months. These visits help to ensure there aren’t any problems developing underneath or around your veneers. They also help keep adjacent teeth strong, healthy, and bright.
But do not:
- Bite or chew hard candy, ice, or non-food items likes pens
- Smoke or chew tobacco
- Grind your teeth
- Engage in athletics without a mouthguard
Taking care of your veneers in the same way you do your natural teeth – brushing and flossing, visiting the dentist, and trying to avoid trauma – will help them last for several years.
Why Choose Us for Your Dental Veneers?
Dr. Elisa Mello and Dr. Ramin Tabib of NYC Smile Designs care deeply about the health and happiness of our patients. We have partnered with Master Ceramists throughout the city to craft the veneers we place with exquisite detail, helping to ensure each one is indistinguishable from the natural teeth surrounding it. Our cosmetic dentists plan, prepare, and place veneers with artistry, maintaining an unwavering commitment to the highest quality results. If you have been considering porcelain veneers, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you, listen to your concerns, assess your problem areas, and provide you with a detailed plan that meets all of your needs.
Please call NYC Smile Design at 212-452-3344 to schedule your initial consultation at our Manhattan office. We serve residents of New York City and all surrounding areas.