Elisa Mello, D.D.S.
NYC Cosmetic Dentists Serving Manhattan and New York, NY
Dr. Elisa Mello, known for her extraordinary dentistry, comes highly recommended for her keen eye to detail and precision. She is described by her patients as the “dentist with a heart of gold” as she assures that those who step in her office are well-listened to, and get the best possible smile makeover they can be proud of.
A "Dentist With a Heart of Gold"
After graduating from New York University, Dr. Mello continued her education at the New York University College of Dentistry, receiving her doctorate in dental surgery in 1991. Dr. Mello was elected to membership of the prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon, The National Dental Honor Society that recognizes academic and clinical excellence in dentistry. She was recognized as the senior student attaining the highest skill and knowledge in the field of periodontology and awarded the Samuel Charles Miller Award in Periodontics.
Dr. Mello is committed to studying the latest methods and technologies with the most highly regarded and innovative clinicians to treat TMJ/headache and physiologic dentistry patients. These patients may require full mouth reconstruction by adding porcelain to the lost tooth structure, or orthodontically and orthopedically (moving teeth and bone to expand the jaw arches non-surgically).
Dr. Mello believes that everyone deserves to have a beautiful smile. She will work with you until you are satisfied with your smile, because your satisfaction with your smile is her motivating factor. In her work, her creativity plays an important role. Using the newest technology, she gives her patients smiles that are truly theirs, and stay true to their overall symmetry.
In our office, Dr. Mello is the problem solver and diplomat. To her, every problem can and will be solved efficiently and creatively. She brings strength to our office by her ability to see other people’s point of view. She is well-read and her knowledge on different subjects have made her the to-go-to team member for answers.
Dr. Mello, whose joy is playing with her children and watching the world through their eyes, particularly enjoys baking, reading or relaxing by the beach. Always a student, she is hoping to finish learning and perfecting her Italian. A busy professional and mom, she does not have a lot of time spare time but when she does, she enjoys reading, designing and sewing clothes and learning about NYC architecture.
- New York University - Bachelor of Arts-Psycho-biology-1987.
- NYU College of Dentistry - Doctor of Dental Surgery-1991.
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center - General Practice Residency - 1991-1992
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
The National Dental Honor Society recognizing academic & clinical excellence in dentistry; elected to Membership -1991
- Samuel Charles Miller Award
One of the highest & most prestigious awards in the field of Periodontics - 1991
- Dr. Robert Greenspan, DDS, Associate in Private Practice 1992-1997
- Private Practice 1995-Present
- The Perio Institute
Advanced Surgical Techniques - October 1995
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic Dentistry, Ceramics, Interceptive Orthodontics, Tempero-Mandibular Disorders - 1997
- Center for Advanced Dental Studies-Greater NY
Periodontal Prosthetics - November 1997
- Center for Advanced Dental Studies
Occlusion, Occlusal Equilibration, Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics - 1998
- Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education
Occlusion in Clinical Practice -1998
- Center for the Advancement of Dentistry
Light Force Orthodontic Program- September 1998-June 2000
- Wasatch Surgical Institute
Art of Oral Surgery - 1999
- University of Medical and Dental/New Jersey
Hard and Soft Tissue Options-Pharmacotherapeutics for Dentistry - April-May 2000
- American Academy of Periodontology
International Symposium on Periodontics - June 2000
- International Dental Seminars
Medical Emergencies - June 2001
Orthodontic Certification - December 2001
- Henry Spenadel Continuing Education Program
Oral Cancer Prevention and Detection - February 2002
- New York University
Lasers in Dentistry; Proficiency Certification Course - April 2002
- The Rosenthal Institute at New York University
Aesthetic Advantage - Fall 2002
- NYU College of Dentistry
Clinical Assistant Professor-International General Dentistry Program
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Conference
- Bio Research Inc.
Full Mouth Reconstruction to Optimal Dental Physiology (Dr. Jim Beck)
June 2007- September 2007
- Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy
Composite Artistry: Mastering Anterior Restoration (Newton Fahl, Jr., D.D.S.)
- Biometric Diagnostics (Dr. Gary Glassman)
January 11-13, 2008
- Bioresearch Annual Conference
May 1-4, 2008
- Continuum Courses in Physiologic Occlusion with Dr. Chris Stevens
August 2008-Octuber 2008
- International Team for Implantology (ITI) Conference
- Oral Appliance Therapy for Obstructive Sleep Apnea with Dr. Ira L. Shapira
- Physiologic Occlusion Workshop with Dr. Barry Cooper
November 6-8, 2009
- Fundamentals to Physiologic Occlusion with Dr. Clayton A. Chan– Level 1
January 14-15, 2011
- Fundamentals of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics with Dr. Clayton A. Chan
February 11-12, 2011
- Diagnostic Principles- Key To Establishing The Physiologic Bite With Dr. Clayton A. Chan- Level 2
April 8-9, 2011
- Orthodontics level II-Initiation Of Orthodontic/Orthopedic Treatment With Dr. Clayton A. Chan
April 29-30, 2011
- Epigenetic Orthodontics-DNA appliance design and biomimetic correction with Dr. David Singh
June 1-2, 2012
- Epigenetic Orthodontics-DNA Level III with Dr. David Singh
September 14-15, 2012
- Advanced Treatment Planning "Refining The Mandibular Position" With Dr. Clayton A. Chan - Level 3
June 19-20, 2014
- International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Association of Women Dentist’s – “Smiles for Success”
- International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics (ICCMO)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD)