NYC Cosmetic Dentists Serving Manhattan and New York, NY
Teeth stains are all but inevitable. Whether caused by the aging process, wine, food or smoking, most people experience tooth discoloration at some point. Fortunately, you can take simple steps to prevent stains and you can erase them with professional teeth whitening at NYC Smile Design.
To learn more about our Manhattan and New York City teeth whitening treatment, please call our office at (212) 574-4660.
Teeth Whitening at NYC Smile Design
Dr. Mello and Dr. Tabib perform an in-office laser whitening treatment and provide whitening kits:
- Zoom! laser teeth whitening: Zoom! is a safe, effective laser whitening treatment. The treatment itself takes only about an hour or less at our office. Our dentists will place a guard around your gums and then apply the whitening gel to your teeth. The laser is exposed to the gel to activate it. The great thing about Zoom! laser whitening is that right away, as soon as you step out of the office, you'll be able to show off a dazzling white smile.
- Customized take-home kits: We offer a custom take-home whitening kit with each Zoom! treatment. The teeth trays look like the trays you can buy at drugstores, but they fit your teeth perfectly to ensure all of the curves and ridges of your teeth are whitened evenly. This way, you can touch up your Zoom! results as time goes by. In other cases, we provide the whitening kit alone, independent of laser whitening, for people want to whiten their teeth over a couple weeks, in the privacy and comfort of their own homes.
Laser teeth whitening can dramatically brighten your teeth, as much as six to nine shades lighter. The results will be long lasting and you can touch them up as you go.
How to Maintain Your Teeth Whitening Results
Whether you choose to have your teeth whitened professionally, there are things you can do to prevent stains and keep your smile as bright as possible:
- Practice good dental hygiene, including brushing twice a day, flossing once a day and seeing the dentist for your routine cleanings
- Don't smoke
- Be aware of major stain culprits, such as red wine, tomato-based foods, sports drinks, soy sauce, tea and coffee
- Wash away stain causers with foods that stimulate saliva production, such as apples, strawberries, celery, carrots and pears
- Swish water in your mouth after eating or drinking so that stain causers don't sit on your teeth
Proper dental hygiene can go a long way in keeping your teeth stain-free. Good teeth cleaning habits will fight the presence of cavity causing bacteria and the food debris that leads to yellowing.
If you are searching for an experienced New York City teeth whitening professional so that you can enjoy a glamorous, brilliant smile, please call NYC Smile Design at (212) 574-4660. Our caring and skilled cosmetic dentists serve all of Manhattan and the surrounding areas.